Fire Corps is a program under the federal Citizen Corps initiative that connects resource-constrained fire/EMS departments with community members to assist in non-emergency roles. This allows first responders to focus on training and operational duties while at the same time increasing the department’s capacity and services.
Fire Corps members can assist with administration, fundraising, public fire prevention and life safety education, home safety checks and smoke alarm installation programs, apparatus maintenance, and much more. Fire Corps tasks are limited only by the needs of the department.
Resources available through Fire Corps include:
- Free program registration
- Program locator so potential volunteers can find a program and departments can learn about other programs
- Tools for implementing a Fire Corps program, including resource guides, toolkits, and sample documents
- Tools for marketing a local program
- Preparedness and fire prevention resources
Learn more about Fire Corps at www.firecorps.org