Fire Corps: Resources For Departments
We are so glad that you are interested in starting a Fire Corps program! The NVFC has created resources to help fire departments and community volunteers start, manage, market, expand, and successfully utilize a Fire Corps team. Take advantage of these tools to set your program up for success and maximize its capabilities .
Step 1: Design your program
- Create the framework of your program (PDF).
- Consider liability (PDF). Access a PowerPoint presentation on liability here.
- Learn how to obtain 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status for your program (PDF).
- Utilize sample and customizable documents.
- Establish tasks.
- Activity Ideas for Fire Corps Volunteers (PDF)
- Fire Corps Guide to Providing Rehab (PDF)
- Wildland Fire Assessment Program
- Fire prevention and life safety resources:
- Fire Corps Guide to Fire and Life Safety Education (PDF)
- Smoke Alarm and Home Safety Check Program flyer (PDF)
- Home Safety Checklist (PDF)
- Smoke and CO alarms and fire extinguisher training through the NVFC Virtual Classroom
- Additional preparedness and prevention resources
Step 2: Grow your Program
- Obtain approval for use of the Fire Corps logo.
- Recruit and retain volunteers (PDF).
- Utilize the Make Me A Firefighter recruitment campaign resources to post your Fire Corps volunteer opportunities and create marketing materials.
- Discover additional volunteer recruitment ideas (PDF).
- Learn ways to recognize your Fire Corps volunteers (PDF).
- See how much your volunteers are contributing with the Cost Savings Calculator.
If you have questions about starting or implementing a Fire Corps program, check out our FAQs.