About The NVFC
The National Volunteer Fire Council (NVFC) is the leading nonprofit membership association representing the interests of the volunteer fire, EMS, and rescue services. The NVFC serves as the voice of the volunteer in the national arena and provides critical resources, programs, education, and advocacy for first responders across the nation.
The mission of the NVFC is to provide a unified voice for volunteer Fire/EMS organizations.
What We Do
The NVFC accomplishes its mission and provides meaningful support to fire and EMS organizations through a wide range of services and programs:
- Representing the interests of the volunteer fire, emergency medical, and rescue services at the U.S. Congress, federal agencies, and national standards setting committees
- Focusing on health and safety
- Helping departments recruit and retain Fire Service and EMS/Rescue personnel
- Providing training on topics that matter to you (Fire Service and EMS/Rescue)
- Assisting departments in establishing support programs
- Fostering the next generation of firefighters
Our many programs include:
- Fire Corps
- Heart-Healthy Firefighter Program
- National Junior Firefighter Program
- Make Me A Firefighter volunteer recruitment program
- Share the Load
- Wildland Fire Assessment Program
NVFC members also receive a wide range of benefits, including a $10,000 AD&D insurance policy, access to members-only resources, discounts on training and fire service products, and much more. Learn more about NVFC membership and join today.
The NVFC Annual Report offers an overview of the NVFC’s initiatives and activities from the previous year. Download the 2019 Annual Report.
For a quick “By the Numbers” snapshot of 2019, check out the Annual Report Infographic.
Help support our initiatives and take advantage of great benefits by joining the NVFC today.