Access the NVFC Virtual Classroom
The NVFC Virtual Classroom features courses and webinars on an array of topics important to the fire and emergency services. This training platform provides a user-friendly interface with up-to-date course content, design, and navigation to enhance your online learning. These trainings, designed and delivered by fire service members and industry professionals, are on-demand and self-paced, which means you set your own schedule.
Access the Virtual Classroom
The Virtual Classroom is available at virtualclassroom.nvfc.org. Visit this page to browse the course catalog, select your interest in course subject areas, register for new courses, view past Train Strong webinars, and more!
- NVFC individual members can enjoy all courses free-of-charge. Simply log in to the Virtual Classroom with your existing NVFC member credentials to begin your training. Not a member? Join today for only $21 a year – for the price of just one course, you’ll get all courses for free!
- Nonmembers pay $21 per course. Nonmembers with an existing NVFC account can login here. Need an account? Select “Set Up an Account” here. Creating an account is free.
- Select featured courses may also be provided free-of-charge for a limited time regardless of membership status. These will be marked as free in the course catalog.
- Recorded webinars are also available in the course catalog for free regardless of membership status.
Have questions or need assistance? Please contact us.
NVFC Virtual Classroom courses feature the following:
- Downloadable course materials and supplemental resources
- Course Evaluations
- Certificates of completion
Virtual Classroom courses are organized in the catalog by the following categories:
- Grants and Funding
- Health and Wellness
- Preparedness and Prevention
- Recruitment and Retention
- Safety and Equipment
- Wildland Fire
Continuing Education Units
The NVFC is pleased to offer continuing education units (CEUs) on select courses. These CEUs are provided by Columbia Southern University. Current eligible courses are as follows:
- Behavioral Health in the Fire and Emergency Services (.1 credit)
- Fireground Accountability: Daring Not to be a Statistic (.1 credit)
- Incident Safety Officer (ISO) Series (.4 credit)
- Obesity in the Fire Service (.1 credit)
- Preventing and Coping with Suicide in the Fire and Emergency Services (.2 credit)
These courses are free for members; however, there is a $20 service fee from CSU to issue the CEU. The price is normally $25, but because the NVFC is a learning partner to CSU, NVFC students receive a five-dollar discount.
To get the CEU, follow these steps:
- Take the eligible course in the NVFC Virtual Classroom. Refer to the list above to see which courses are approved for CEUs; it will also be noted in the course description.
- Once you’ve completed the course, the NVFC will submit your grade to CSU – nothing for you to do here!
- CSU will then contact you to explain the next steps you need to complete, which includes filling out an online Participant CEU Request form and paying the $20 service fee.
- Once these items are completed, CSU will mail you your CEU certificate within 7-10 business days.
- Please note that this process must be completed for each course for which you wish to obtain credit.
About Columbia Southern University
Take the next step in your career – enroll today in one of our five completely online fire science programs. The fire science degree programs at CSU provide the foundation for leadership and administration of fire service organizations. From learning about fire prevention to fire service equipment, our programs provide a comprehensive view of the fire science industry. Visit www.columbiasouthern.edu to apply today and open the doors to an exciting and rewarding future in fire science! NVFC members and their families receive a 10% discount on tuition.
Course content is for informational purposes only. It cannot replace or substitute the services of trained professionals in any field, including, but not limited to, financial, legal, mental, medical, or psychological fields. You should seek prompt medical care for any specific health issues. Content is not a substitute for local, state, or federal regulations or statutes. Consult your local authority having jurisdiction for information pertaining to applicable laws and code enforcements. It is also not an endorsement for any particular product. The NVFC and its sponsors, speakers, contractors, partners, and affiliates are not liable for any damages that result from registrants’ participation in the Virtual Classroom. View the NVFC Virtual Classroom’s full terms and conditions.