Globe Gear Giveaway
The 2016 application period is now closed.
Since 2012, Globe, DuPont Protection Technologies, and the National Volunteer Fire Council (NVFC) have partnered to provide state-of-the-art turnout gear to fire departments in need. In 2016, Globe will donate a total of 52 sets of gear to 13 all-volunteer or mostly-volunteer fire departments in the U.S. and Canada that are members of the NVFC. Each winning department will receive 4 sets of new turnout gear.
Volunteer firefighters selflessly devote their time and risk their own safety to protect their communities. Yet many volunteer fire departments are struggling to provide the gear and equipment necessary to keep their personnel safe. Departments are forced to make do with an inadequate amount of turnouts or with worn-out, non-compliant gear they can’t afford to replace.
As the world’s largest and most trusted manufacturer of structural firesuits in the world, Globe is giving back to first responders in need through this remarkable donation program. The program launched in 2012, when Globe partnered with DuPont Protection Technologies and the NVFC to celebrate the company’s 125th anniversary by giving away turnout gear to volunteer departments in the U.S. and Canada who demonstrated their need. With the success of the 2012 program and the great need among departments for gear, Globe, DuPont Protection Technologies,and the NVFC have created an annual Globe Gear Giveaway program. To date, 299 sets of turnout gear have been awarded to 56 departments.
In the 2016 Globe Gear Giveaway, 4 sets of turnout gear will be awarded to 13 departments in need, for a total of 52 sets of gear. Globe also provided a complimentary NVFC Membership to the first 500 applicants. (Note: these have already been distributed.)
To be eligible to apply for 4 sets of turnout gear through the 2016 Globe Gear Giveaway, departments must meet the following criteria:
- Departments must be all-volunteer or mostly-volunteer (over 50%).
- Departments must serve a population of 25,000 or less.
- Department must be located in the United States or Canada and be legally organized under state/province law.
- Department or individual applying on behalf of the department must be a member of the NVFC. If you are not a member, join here.
- Departments must demonstrate a need for the gear.
- Only one application will be accepted per department. Any subsequent applications received for that department will be disqualified.
- Departments who receive a donation of four sets of gear must use the gear for the benefit of their department and not for any other purpose. Gear cannot be resold.
- Departments who receive gear agree that their department name, details from application essay, and photo may be used in media by Globe, DuPont Protection Technologies, and the NVFC for the purposes of promoting the donation program.
Applicants that do not meet the stated criteria will be disqualified from the application process.
The 2016 application period will be open until June 1, 2016. After the application period has ended, the applications will be reviewed by an expert panel selected by the NVFC. Thirteen winning departments will be selected to receive four sets of gear each. Two to three winners will be selected each month between July and December. Winners will be contacted directly before the public announcement is made each month.
If you have any questions, please contact Rachel Buczynski, NVFC Program Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-887-5700 x116.
Firefighters need to be prepared to perform at their peak, on every call. That’s why Globe delivers the most advanced, best-fitting, and longest lasting protection by listening to our customers, creating breakthrough designs, and applying the engineering skills of the nation’s most trusted turnout gear manufacturer. Globe turnout gear is designed to protect you, move with you, and improve your performance. It’s athletic gear for firefighters. Learn more at www.globeturnoutgear.com.
About DuPont Protection Technologies
The National Volunteer Fire Council (NVFC) is the leading nonprofit membership association representing the interests of the volunteer fire, EMS, and rescue services. The NVFC serves as the voice of the volunteer in the national arena and provides invaluable tools, resources, programs, and advocacy for first responders across the nation. Learn more at www.nvfc.org.