Is Your Department Prepared?
September 5, 2023
September is National Preparedness Month, and now is a great time to assess your department’s readiness and make sure you are prepared for disasters that may come up throughout the year. The National Volunteer Fire Council (NVFC) has resources and tools to help.
- Prepare your crew by sharing resources from the Heart-Healthy Firefighter Program and the Share the Load Program to make sure they are ready to respond at their best.
- Foster a successful, high-performing department by creating a psychologically healthy culture for your workforce with this toolkit and training.
- Equip your responders with knowledge and training from the NVFC’s Virtual Classroom and Train Strong webinar series.
- Increase the readiness of your community for emergencies by utilizing Fire Corps volunteers to conduct public education, develop preparedness plans, install smoke alarms, assist with disaster drills and more.
- Be ready for the next roadway incident with traffic incident management and electric vehicle response training.
- Prepare your responders for a pipeline incident with the Fire Department Pipeline Response, Emergency Planning, and Preparedness Toolkit and training.
- Plan for the future of your department with recruitment and retention resources from the Make Me A Firefighter campaign and the National Junior Firefighter Program.
- Create a more fire adapted community before the next wildfire strikes with tools, training, and resources from the Wildland Fire Assessment Program.
- Access benefits including free training in the NVFC Virtual Classroom, an AD&D insurance policy, the First Responder Helpline, access to the Volunteer Voices member community, and more when you join the NVFC for just $21.