About the NVFC
The National Volunteer Fire Council (NVFC) is the leading nonprofit membership association representing the interests of the volunteer fire, EMS, and rescue services. The NVFC serves as the voice of the volunteer in the national arena and provides invaluable tools, resources, programs, and advocacy for first responders across the nation.
The mission of the NVFC is to provide a unified voice for volunteer Fire/EMS organizations. This mission is accomplished by:
- Representing the interests of the volunteer fire, emergency medical, or rescue organizations at the U.S. Congress and federal agencies
- Promoting the interests of the state and local organizations at the national level
- Promoting and providing education and training for the volunteer fire, emergency medical, or rescue organizations
- Providing representation on national standards setting committees and projects
- Gathering information from and disseminating information to the volunteer fire, emergency medical, or rescue organizations
The NVFC Annual Report is released in January each year and offers a summary of the NVFC's initiatives and activities from the previous year. Check out the 2013 Annual Report (PDF).