Feedback Needed: Take the IAFC’s Survey on Firefighter and EMS Behavioral Health
December 5, 2023
The International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC) is collecting information and perspectives on behavioral health in the fire and emergency medical services. This information will provide the foundation for the National Safety Culture Change Initiative – Firefighter and EMS Responder Behavioral Health report.
The study seeks to identify:
- how organizational design influences workplace stress and work-life issues
- the role of peer mental health support interventions
- awareness of available treatment options
- perceived stigma with treatment
- the climate and culture around behavioral health struggles and treatment within fire and EMS
Data collected through the survey is completely anonymous. Respondents will not be asked to provide any personal identification information and no data is collected that would trace responses back to any one individual or organization.
Take the survey by December 22 here.