Consider the NVFC in Your Giving Plans
December 19, 2023
As the year comes to a close, many people are considering year-end giving plans or starting to think about their 2024 giving. As the nonprofit association representing the volunteer fire, EMS, and rescue services, the NVFC relies on donations and grants to be able to provide the quality programs, resources, and initiatives you have come to expect. As you think about your giving plans, you can help support the NVFC’s mission in the following ways:
Donation: Use this form to make a donation to the NVFC. You can choose between a general donation or these specific causes:
- Volunteer Firefighter Support Fund, which provides a stipend to volunteer first responders impacted by a federally- or state-declared disaster to help them meet basic needs.
- NVFC First Responder Helpline, which provides NVFC members and their household family assistance in an immediate crisis as well as support for a variety of work, life, and volunteer stresses.
- Heather Schafer Memorial Scholarship, which recognizes exemplary emerging leaders in public safety who are committed to improving the fire and emergency services in the areas of health, safety, recruitment and retention, department culture, and emergency response.
- Gifts in Honor: Celebrate the holidays, a birthday, an anniversary, or the volunteer service of a friend or loved one by making a donation to the NVFC in honor of that person. Specify who the gift is in honor of and their email address, and the NVFC will send notification to the designated individual that you made a donation in their honor.
- Memorial Gift: Recognize a loved one who has passed away and celebrate their life and commitment to the volunteer emergency services by making a gift to the NVFC in their memory. Specify who the gift is in memory of and the contact email for the family, and the NVFC will notify the family that you have made the gift in memory of their loved one.
Bequests and Estate Planning: Remember the NVFC in your estate planning and ensure the voice of the volunteer continues to thrive. Learn more here.
Matching Gifts: Some employers will match the gift you make to a nonprofit organization. Check with your employer to see if they will match your gift to the NVFC, thus increasing the support you provide to the voice of the volunteer.
Sponsorships: Corporate, nonprofit, and government entities can partner with the NVFC to support our nation’s volunteers. Learn more.