NVFC Portal Troubleshooting and Frequently Asked Questions
What will I find in the NVFC portal?
Current NVFC members will find the following information in their NVFC portal accounts:
- Member profile
- Member benefits, including AD&D policy information, discount codes, and more
- NVFC First Responder Helpline number
- Renewal options, including auto renewal setup
- Virtual Classroom access
- Volunteer Voices access
How do I create an NVFC portal account as a new user?
Visit https://members.nvfc.org/ and select the “Set Up an Account” tab. When creating an account, we recommend using a personal email rather than a work email or an email account for a specific role (e.g., chief@___firedepartment.org) that could change. This will avoid the need to change your email in the future.
I’m not an NVFC member. May I still create an NVFC portal account?
Yes. As a non-member, you may create an NVFC portal account, which you can use to register for a course in the NVFC’s Virtual Classroom or to purchase an NVFC membership. Most Virtual Classroom courses are $21 for non-members. Purchase an NVFC membership for $21 to obtain free access to all Virtual Classroom courses. Just select the “Join/renew” option under the membership tab of your account.
What should I do if I see this error when attempting to set up my portal account?
You might already have an account in our system. Try selecting the “Log In” tab and then the “Don’t remember your password?” link to reset your password. If you are unable to access your account after attempting to reset your password, email firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 202-887-5700.
Why am I not receiving the email to reset my password?
- Check your spam or junk folder for the email.
- Make sure you entered your email correctly.
- If you are a current NVFC member who has not logged in since June of 2023, you need to create a new account rather than request a new password. We introduced a new portal in June of 2023, so all accounts created prior to that time must be recreated in the new system. The new system will not recognize credentials from the old system, however, your information from the old system will be visible in the new account that you create at https://members.nvfc.org/.
Email email@example.com or call 202-887-5700.