NVFC PIT Crew Hazmat Train-the-Trainer Courses: Participant Resources
Thank you for taking the a course through the NVFC’s Partners in Training (PIT Crew) hazmat train-the-trainer program.
To record attendance at the training, please click here. Completing this short form will ensure you receive your certificate via email upon completion of the training. You only need to sign in once per training event – if over multiple days, you can just select all the courses for the full event.
Course Evaluation and Course Materials
Please choose your course(s) below to evaluate each session that you completed. Upon submitting your evaluation, you will receive the link to the course materials to instruct on your own. Please make sure to keep us updated when you teach!
- Teaching Hazmat Basics
- Tools in Hazmat Training
- Scenario-Based Hazmat Training
- Risk-Based Hazmat Training
- Understanding Regulations and Standards Affecting Hazmat Training
- Teaching Basic Decon
- Teaching Hazmat on a Budget
- Teaching Cargo Tank Awareness – MC 306 & DOT 406
- Instructor Training on Placards, Labels, and Markings
- Instructor Training for Flammable Gases
- Instructor Training for Flammable Liquids
- Instructor Training for Ammonia
- Instructor Training for Chlorine
- Instructor Training for Methanol
- Instructor Training for Vinyl Chloride
- Instructor Toolkit: The PIT Crew Hazmat Toolkit provides an overview of the PIT Crew program and best practices for teaching others. Access it here.
- Supplemental Resources: Attendees of the NVFC’s hazmat PIT Crew courses receive a thumb drive with various forms and resources from national and local agencies. Click here to access the resources file. Please download the folder/files to your desktop to use.
Tracking Course Delivery
The PIT Crew train-the-trainer program aims to prepare more individuals to teach hazmat courses, expanding the total reach and knowledge of those involved in hazmat response nationwide. In order to track how many people are being reached, and where, please fill out the form to report any courses you plan to teach. You must notify the NVFC of courses you plan to teach using NVFC-provided/branded materials.
Course Delivery Debrief
For each course you teach, please complete the course delivery debrief form. This feedback helps us track program reach and success.