FirstNet®, Built with AT&T Pandemic Supply Donation
COVID-19 has had a significant impact on frontline first responders, including the volunteer fire and EMS community. To assist in the safety of these workers, FirstNet, Built with AT&T has teamed-up with the National Volunteer Fire Council (NVFC) to donate pandemic supplies to volunteer fire and EMS departments.
About the Donation
FirstNet, Built with AT&T is donating up to $900,000 worth of pandemic supplies to help volunteer fire departments. Departments must request a minimum of $5,000 worth of supplies to be considered for the donation. Departments are welcome to combine orders with neighboring departments to meet the minimum threshold, although items will only be delivered to one address.
The supplies available for donation include the following:
|Item||Value Per Unit||How It’s Packaged|
|Vinyl Gloves (X-Large)*||$8.50 box||100 gloves per box/20 boxes per case/480 boxes per pallet|
|1 Gallon Hand Sanitizer
|$20 per gallon||4 gallons per case/108 gallons per pallet|
|16 oz Hand Sanitizer
|$5.15 per bottle||24 bottles per case/1296 per pallet|
|32 oz Hand Sanitizer
|$8.00 each||12 per case/600 per pallet|
|Sanitizing Wipes (80 count)
|$3.25 each||24 packs per case/1152 per pallet|
|Reusable Face Coverings||$85 per pack||100 per pack/192 packs per pallet (NOTE: Limit one pallet per location)|
* The vinyl gloves are not to be used for EMS purposes but can be used for tasks around the fire station. The gloves tend to run a size smaller.
Departments must meet the following criteria to be eligible:
- Department must be over 50% volunteer.
- Department must serve a population of 25,000 or less.
- Department’s annual revenue must not exceed $250,000.
- Department must be located in the continental U.S. and legally organized under state law.
- Department must request a minimum of $5,000 worth of pandemic supplies to be considered for the donation.
- Department must demonstrate a need for pandemic supplies.
- Only one application will be accepted per department. Any subsequent applications received for that department will be disqualified.
- Recipients must use the donated items for the benefit of their department and not for any other purpose; items cannot be resold.
- Recipients must acknowledge that the receipt of donated items does not violate any applicable gifting or ethics rules.
- Recipients agree that their department name, details from application essay, and photo may be used in media by AT&T and the NVFC for the purposes of promoting the donation program.
The application period is open from May 20-June 18. Please note, items must be requested in quantities of cases or pallets for a total value of at least $5,000. Individual items cannot be ordered.
After the application period ends, an expert panel selected by the NVFC will review the applications. Public announcement of the awarded departments will be made in July/August 2021. Winners will be contacted directly before the public announcement is made.
If you have any questions, please contact Rachel Buczynski at email@example.com or 202-887-5700.
FirstNet and the FirstNet logo are registered trademarks and service marks of the First Responder Network Authority. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.
About the NVFC
The National Volunteer Fire Council (NVFC) is the leading nonprofit membership association representing the interests of the volunteer fire, EMS, and rescue services. The NVFC serves as the voice of the volunteer in the national arena and provides critical resources, programs, education, and advocacy for first responders across the nation. Learn more at www.nvfc.org.