NVFC Seeks Program Coordinator
June 3, 2021
The National Volunteer Fire Council (NVFC) is the premier nonprofit association serving the volunteer fire, emergency, and rescue services. Today, the NVFC serves as the voice of over one million volunteer firefighters and EMS personnel on Capitol Hill and provides valuable training, programs, and other resources.
The NVFC seeks a full-time Program Coordinator. This position is remote and will assist in coordinating key NVFC programs related to firefighter health and safety, recruitment and retention, and more. This position will also assist with coordinating NVFC’s training and education initiatives, assist in the development of program tools and resources, compile reports, conduct research, respond to inquiries, coordinate with vendors and partners, and other duties as assigned.
Attention to detail with excellent writing and verbal communications skills are a must along with an ability to work well in a small staff, team-oriented environment. The candidate must be able thrive in a remote working environment. The ideal candidate will demonstrate initiative, a desire to grow and learn, possess great organizational skills, and take ownership over their assigned project areas. Fire service experience is preferred. Salary is commensurate with experience.
The NVFC provides competitive pay, an excellent benefits package, a great work atmosphere, and room for personal growth and learning. Location in D.C., Maryland, Virginia, Ohio, or Pennsylvania preferred but not required. Send cover letter and resume to: Caroline Stachowiak at email@example.com. No calls please.
Salary Range: $40,026 – $60,038
- Coordinates and organizes training and educational offerings, including identifying training locations and instructors, coordinating travel and logistics, preparing agendas, registration, shipping course materials, monitoring expenses, and processing course evaluations and expense reimbursements
- Assists with the coordination of the NVFC’s Virtual Classroom, including building courses, coordinating with instructors, monitoring analytics and usage information, and preparing regular reports for management.
- Coordinates program activities including developing schedules, forms, presentations, and other necessary materials for programs, training, and other initiatives.
- Assists in the development of program tools and resources such as conducting research, coordinating with subject matter experts, and working with vendors and partners
- Compiles regular reports on program activities
- Coordinates and schedules various meetings and other activities
- Provides administrative support such as answering phones, taking meeting minutes, agenda/document formatting, and other logistical coordination
- May represent the organization at speaking engagements, tradeshows, and meetings
- Assist with other projects and activities as necessary
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience with Higher Logic and Synapse or other related learning management and learning development systems preferred
- Demonstrated success in coordinating webinars, events, and training
- Highly organized with the ability to learn quickly, prioritize and manage multiple projects with high attention to detail
- Energetic, forward-thinking, and creative individual with high ethical standards and professional image
- Ability to work well under pressure, determine priorities, and produce results
- Ability to work as part of a team and to work independently, a self-initiator, versatile, and motivated
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and other productivity tools
- Excellent customer service-ethic and responsiveness
- Excellent oral and verbal communication skills and able to present information persuasively and concisely to different audiences
- Understanding of an association/nonprofit environment, strategic planning, market research, marketing and communication, product development, and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated willingness to embrace change and adapt strategies as needed
- Ability to understand importance of the position for the success of NVFC
- Strong desire to continue to learn and develop new and exciting content
- Must demonstrate accuracy and seek to improve/promote quality in the organization while exhibiting objectivity and openness to others’ views
Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university; two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.