Free Volunteer Recruitment Tools and Resources Available
April 19, 2021
The National Volunteer Fire Council’s Make Me A Firefighter campaign provides free tools and resources to make recruiting volunteers easier for fire and EMS departments. No need to reinvent the wheel – ready-to-use and customizable resources are available in the department portal.
To get the most from the Make Me A Firefighter campaign, follow these simple steps.
- Register for free! Sign up at portal.nvfc.org.
- Post your volunteer opportunities. This will make your department’s opportunities findable at MakeMeAFirefigther.org and allow potential volunteers to fill out an application right from your listing.
- Create materials. The materials generator allows you to easily create and customize a variety of outreach materials to meet your recruitment needs. New templates are now available, as well as improved functionalities such as the ability to upload your own images if you choose.
- Promote your listings. Use the recruitment materials you created to promote your listing on MakeMeAFirefighter.org so volunteers can easily connect with you.
- Track your progress. The recruit tracker tool allows you to track the progress of applicants to make sure they receive the proper follow-up.
- Access resources: The campaign offers a wide range of other recruitment and retention tools and resources to help you succeed. Find PSAs, event planning guides, online training, and more.
Get started today at portal.nvfc.org.