Anti-Harassment, Bullying, and Discrimination Resources
The National Volunteer Fire Council, International Association of Black Professional Firefighters, International Association of Fire Chiefs and IAFC Volunteer and Combination Officers Section, International Association of Women in Fire & Emergency Services, National Association of Fire Training Directors, and National Association of Hispanic Firefighters encourage ALL fire and emergency organizations to have anti-harassment, bullying, and discrimination policies in place that are actively communicated to personnel and actively and consistently enforced.
The following resources can be used to help departments establish and implement their own policies.
- Joint Anti-Harassment, Bullying, and Discrimination Statement
- National Firefighter Code of Ethics
- NVFC Member Code of Conduct
- St. Landry #3 Harassment Policy
- IAFC Code of Conduct
- IAFC Bullying and Workplace Violence Prevention Toolkit
- IAFC “Respect Our House” Poster
- IAFC “Be Inclusive” Initiative Posters
- IAFC Code of Ethics
- IAFC Position on Human Dignity