Webinar This Thursday on the 10 Cancer Commandments for Fire, EMS, and Rescue
December 5, 2017
Cancer is one of the most dangerous threats to firefighters. The National Volunteer Fire Council (NVFC) and International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC) Volunteer and Combination Officers Section (VCOS) Joint Cancer Committee are developing and releasing a Ribbon Report for the fire, EMS, and rescue services with 10 Cancer Commandments every firefighter and EMS responder should live by.
A webinar on December 7 at 2pm ET will introduce the concepts behind the Ribbon Report and the need for each of us to take personal responsibility to limit exposure to carcinogens that we encounter on a daily basis. Register here.
Participants will learn:
- Cancer is an epidemic in the fire/EMS industry
- Information about upcoming webinars that will each detail five of the 10 Cancer Commandments and what you can personally do to impact how this epidemic affects you
- Discussion on goals to release the full Ribbon Report at FRI 2018 in Dallas
- Chief Dan Eggleston, Albemarle County Fire-Rescue and IAFC 2nd vice president
- Kevin Quinn, chair of NVFC board
- Tim Wall, chair of VCOS board
- Chief Jim Seavey, VCOS and NVFC cancer committee
- Chief Brian McQueen, VCOS (ret.) and NVFC cancer committee
- Scott Beecher, president/owner of Ward Diesel Filter Systems