Web Site Offers EMS Week Ideas and Planning Resources
April 12, 2012
The EMS Week Ideas web site at www.emsweekideas.org offers a wealth of information, resources, and activities to help you plan your EMS Week events as well as stay focused on EMS all year round. National EMS Week is May 20-26, so now is the time to plan how you will recognize your EMS personnel and raise community awareness about EMS.
The web site provides activity and recognition ideas that focus on three important groups: the local community, medical personnel, and your EMS personnel. A few of the ideas highlighted include:
- Place EMS Week-related content on social media sites and your department’s web site
- Invite local, state, and federal elected officials to participate in your EMS Week events
- Recognize agency personnel by providing free meals or pizza for crews on shift, apparel giveaways, service awards, sporting event tickets, or reimbursement for educational opportunities
- Conduct community health and safety outreach projects such as blood pressure screenings
- Plan and hold a recruitment event or open house
Find more activity ideas, planning information, advocacy tools, and other resources at www.emsweekideas.org. You can also download the 2012 EMS Week Planning Guide at www.acep.org/emsweek.