VCOS Accepting Applications for Scholarships and Awards for Symposium in the Sun
August 4, 2015
The International Association of Fire Chiefs Volunteer and Combination Officers Section (VCOS) is now accepting applications for scholarships to attend the VCOS Symposium in the Sun, which takes place November 12-15 in Clearwater Beach, FL. Nominations are also being accepted for three awards that will be presented at the Symposium.
All scholarship applications are due Aug. 30. More information and applications are available here.
- VCOS Scholarships: Two winners will be chosen and will receive $1,500 to attend the Symposium in the Sun.
- Emerging Leader Scholarship, sponsored by Gasaway Consulting Group: Winner will receive $1,500 towards travel expenses and registration for the Symposium in the Sun.
All award applications are due by Aug 31. Winners will have their travel, lodging, and registration to the Symposium in the Sun covered.
- The John M. Buckman III Award, sponsored by Provident Insurance, is given to a chief officer of a volunteer or combination department who demonstrates exemplary leadership, integrity and outstanding moral values. More information.
- The Emergency Vehicle Safe Operations Achievement Award, sponsored by VFIS, recognizes an emergency service organization that has experienced a significant and verifiable reduction in or zero collisions/incidents/crashes during the period June 1, 2014–May 31, 2015. More information.
- The Retention and Recruitment Award, sponsored by VFIS, recognizes success and excellence in the retention and recruitment of emergency service organization members. More information.