Register for Free Fire Corps Training
January 18, 2013
Fire Corps offers free online training through the Fire Corps Academy. A series of webinars are scheduled this winter on a variety of topics, including starting and implementing a local program, recruiting members, funding and support, and activity-specific courses like disaster preparedness and public education.
Fire Corps is a national program that connects community members to their local fire/EMS department to perform non-emergency tasks, increasing the department’s capacity and allowing first responders to focus on operations. The Fire Corps Academy webinars are designed to help departments, Fire Corps program managers, and citizen volunteers to start, expand, and recruit for a local program.
Register now for the following courses:
- FC-200: Starting and Implementing a Fire Corps Program – Friday, January 25, 11am ET
- FC-205: Building the Relationship with Suppression – Friday, January 25, 1pm ET
- FC-203: Program Assessment – Tuesday, January 29, 11am ET
- FC-204: Funding and Support – Wednesday, January 30, 11am ET
- FC-301: Fire Corps in Disaster Preparedness – Friday, February 8, 11am ET
- FC-302: Providing Rehab – Tuesday, February 12, 11am ET
- FC-303: Fire Corps in Public Education – Wednesday, February 13, 11am ET
- FC-304: Conducting Home Safety Checks – Thursday, February 14, 11am ET
- FC-305: Community Assistance Program – Friday, March 15, 1pm ET
- FC-400: Marketing Your Program – Tuesday, March 19, 11am ET
- FC-401: Engaging Youth Volunteers – Wednesday, March 20, 11am ET
- FC-402: Engaging Senior Volunteers – Friday, March 22, 1pm ET
View course descriptions and register at www.firecorps.org/academy. Participation is limited, so sign up today!