PHMSA Public Forum to be Held January 17
January 6, 2014
Source: U.S. Department of Transportation
On December 26, 2013, the Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA) published a notice in the Federal Register (PHMSA-2013-0261; Notice No. 13-21) announcing a Research and Development Forum public meeting to present the results of current and recently completed research projects and to seek comments on potential new projects.
The meeting will be held on Friday, January 17, 2014, from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at the DOT Headquarters, West Building, Oklahoma Conference Room, 1200 New Jersey Avenue SE, Washington, DC 20590. Attendees should pre-register for this meeting by emailing TaNika Dyson at email@example.com.
PHMSA indicates topics for discussion will include completed, ongoing, and proposed R&D projects, as follows:
- Modeling for Toxic Inhalation Hazard Zones
- Acute Exposure Guidelines and Emergency Response Guidebook Update
- Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus
- Cargo Tank Rollover Special Study
- Study on Improving Nurse Tank Safety
- R&D Initiatives on Packaging Testing
- Paperless Hazard Communications Pilot Program
- Odorization of LP Gas
- Safety Effectiveness of Pressure Relief Devices
- Explosives Testing
- Improving the Safety of Ammonium Nitrate Transport
Click here to view the draft agenda for the meeting. Comments may be submitted via the Federal eRulemaking Portal to Docket # PHMSA-2013-0261, or by other means as identified in the notice.