NVFC and NFPA Release Second Standards Guide for Departments
March 10, 2014
The National Volunteer Fire Council (NVFC) and the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) have once again teamed up to develop a guide for departments working to understand and implement NFPA standards. Volume two of Understanding and Implementing Standards examines two major NFPA standards and offers clarification, identifies manageable steps, and highlights available resources to assist departments in reaching their safety goals. Information regarding the standards making process is also provided.
The guide breaks down the following standards:
- • 1407 Standard for Fire Service Rapid Intervention Crews
- • 1021 Standard for Fire Officer Professional Qualifications
The first volume of Understanding and Implementing Standards focused on the following three NFPA standards:
- 1500 Standard on Fire Department Occupational Safety and Health Program
- 1720 Standard for the Organization and Deployment of Fire Suppression Operations, Emergency Medical Operations and Special Operations to the Public by Volunteer Fire Departments
- 1851 Standard on Selection, Care, and Maintenance of Protective Ensembles for Structural Fire Fighting and Proximity Fire Fighting
Visit http://www.nvfc.org/hot-topics/nfpa-standards to download the guides and to access other valuable resources.