NFPA Seeking Comments on Proposed New Projects and Members for New Committees
May 13, 2015
The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) has posted the following proposed new projects with their justifications at http://www.nfpa.org/newprojects. The deadline to submit comments on these new projects is June 15, 2015.
- Aircraft rescue and firefighting (ARFF) response to incidents/accidents at public air shows – http://www.nfpa.org/airshowarffresponse
- Competencies for responders to incidents of flammable liquids in transport-high hazard flammable trains (HHFT) – http://www.nfpa.org/competenciesforresponderstohhft
- Emergency medical services officer – http://www.nfpa.org/emsofficer
- Fire control of structures based upon fire dynamics – http://www.nfpa.org/structurefirecontrol
- Hazardous waste disposal – http://www.nfpa.org/hazardouswastedisposal
Also, the three new committees are calling for members. The following pages have links available to submit an online committee application to these new committees: http://www.nfpa.org/tcseek and http://www.nfpa.org/newprojects.
• Building Fire & Life Safety Directors (BLF-AAA)
• Facilities for Fire Training and Associated Props (FAB-AAA)
(Note: online application link also available on the NFPA 1402 Technical Committee tab at: www.nfpa.org/1402tc )
• Tactical Operations for Video Equipment and Cameras (TAC-AAA)