New Features Available through Department Portal
December 1, 2015
The National Volunteer Fire Council’s (NVFC) department portal for the Make Me A Firefighter campaign provides fire and EMS departments with resources, tools, and training to help make local recruitment and retention efforts a success. Through the portal, departments can post their volunteer opportunities, track interested volunteers, customize campaign materials for local distribution, and download resources to help with public outreach.
With the official launch of the public outreach phase of the campaign, the NVFC has released several new features in the portal. If you have previously accessed the portal, make sure to check back for these new tools:
- Customizable table tents to use at local events
- Suggested social media posts to encourage community members to volunteer
- PSA featuring NASCAR’s Joey Logano that promotes volunteering in the emergency services
- Feedback form to provide input on the campaign
- Partner materials for organizations to help promote the campaign within the fire service industry
- Registered users can now affiliate themselves with multiple departments
Find all of these as well as previously released resources such as customizable ads and flyers, volunteer opportunities database, and more at http://portal.nvfc.org. Additional resources will continue to be added; register with the campaign to receive program updates and be notified as new tools become available.