National Preparedness Month Start Sunday
August 26, 2013
September is National Preparedness Month, and firefighters and emergency responders can utilize this opportunity to make sure their department and community are prepared. Register for the National Preparedness Month Community to connect, collaborate, and empower yourself and others to fulfill our shared responsibility to prepare.
FEMA’s Intergovernmental Affairs Office is asking stakeholders to promote emergency preparedness throughout your organization and community. Below are a few steps you can take:
- Join the National Preparedness Community, where more than 29,000 people connect and collaborate on emergency preparedness.
- Find preparedness events in your community. Or better yet, create and promote your own event!
- Join regional groups in your area to connect and build relationships.
- Share and compare preparedness best practices.
- Download the Toolkit to find template newsletter articles, blogs, posters, and other materials to use in your internal and external communications.
For more information about National Preparedness Month, visit www.Ready.gov. Find additional preparedness resources from the NVFC, and Fire Corps.