MSA Cairns® XF1 Helmet Giveaway
MSA Safety and the National Volunteer Fire Council (NVFC) are working together to provide the most innovative and up-to-date technology to help first responders improve their health and safety. That’s why three volunteer firefighters that are NVFC members will receive a personalized MSA Cairns® XF1 Fire Helmet in 2023.
About the Helmet
The jet-style design of the Cairns XF1 Fire Helmet reduces snag hazards, provides a personalized fit, and houses its own integrated light module. Plus, the soft goods are removable, washable, and replaceable, helping firefighters align with cancer awareness programs as written by the Firefighter Cancer Support Network.
- REDUCED SNAGS: The Cairns XF1 has been engineered as much for comfort and fit as safety. The most obvious feature is what it lacks ̶ the XF1 is brimless. While untraditional, the lack of a brim makes it easier to crawl into tight spaces and retain your helmet.
- INTEGRATED ACCESSORIES: The Cairns XF1 offers several optional accessories, like a secondary (ocular) visor, lighting, and communications. All are integrated seamlessly into the design, retaining its sleek profile.
- EASY TO CLEAN: The Cairns XF1’s modular design allows it to be quickly disassembled for thorough inspection, care, and maintenance. Plus, the helmet’s soft goods are removable, washable, and replaceable – all without the use of tools.
- LIGHTING THE WAY: A compact light accessory is housed inside the helmet, reducing exposure to heat, flames, and impact. The strategic placement of LED lights on either side of the helmet improves visibility in dark conditions without detracting from others’ vision.
- PERSONALIZED FIT: Several easy-to-find adjustments can be made, enabling the fire helmet fit to be customized to the individual. When it’s all said and done, the XF1 doesn’t just fit firefighters – it fits most of them comfortably.
- CUSTOMIZED LOOK: The Cairns XF1 is available in four colors – black, white, yellow, and red – and two finishes, matte and glossy, for firefighters to choose a look that fits their style. Front plates, in a variety of colors, black pre-printed and custom printed options, are available.
Approvals: NFPA 1971-2018 Structural Firefighting, NFPA 1951-2013 Rescue and Recovery
Sizes: Medium, Large
Click here for the helmet product page and specifications.
To be eligible to enter, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be an active volunteer firefighter in the U.S.
- Be a member of the NVFC. Learn about member benefits and join at www.nvfc.org/join.
- One entry allowed per member each entry period; prior winners are not eligible to renter.
- Recipient agrees that his/her name, details from entry, and photo may be used in media by MSA and the NVFC for the purposes of promoting the donation
View the official rules here.
How to Enter
NVFC members will have three opportunities to enter to win an XF1 helmet in 2023:
- April 1-30
- June 1-30
- September 1-30
Check out other opportunities for volunteer responders here.
A total of three volunteer firefighters that are also NVFC members at their time of entry will be randomly selected to each receive one MSA Cairns® XF1 Fire Helmet in 2022. One firefighter will be awarded one helmet from each entry period. Winners will be announced the month following each entry period. Winners will be contacted directly before the public announcement is made.
If you have any questions, contact Cierra Orlyk at email@example.com or 1-888-ASK-NVFC (275-6832).
Established in 1914, MSA Safety Incorporated is the global leader in the development, manufacture and supply of safety products that protect people and facility infrastructures. Many MSA products integrate a combination of electronics, mechanical systems and advanced materials to protect users against hazardous or life-threatening situations. The company’s comprehensive product line is used by workers around the world in a broad range of markets, including the oil, gas and petrochemical industry, the fire service, the construction industry, mining and the military. MSA’s core products include self-contained breathing apparatus, fixed gas and flame detection systems, portable gas detection instruments, industrial head protection products, firefighter helmets and protective apparel, and fall protection devices. With 2021 revenues of $1.4 billion, MSA employs approximately 4,800 people worldwide. The company is headquartered north of Pittsburgh in Cranberry Township, Pa., and has manufacturing operations in the United States, Europe, Asia and Latin America. With more than 40 international locations, MSA realizes approximately half of its revenue from outside North America. For more information visit MSA’s web site at www.MSAsafety.com.
About the NVFC
The National Volunteer Fire Council (NVFC) is the leading nonprofit membership association representing the interests of the volunteer fire, EMS, and rescue services. The NVFC serves as the voice of the volunteer in the national arena and provides critical resources, programs, education, and advocacy for first responders across the nation. Learn more at www.nvfc.org.