Is Your Department Registered with SAM?

In order to apply for a federal grant including the AFG, SAFER, and FP&S grants, agencies must first be registered and active in the System for Award Management, or SAM. It is free to register and you can check your registration status at any time. You can also use SAM to check the status of vendors. If you are a grant writer for your department, make sure your agency is registered, active, and ready for the next grant cycle. The primary contact in SAM should be the person who will be setting up the FEMA GO account for grant management. A user’s guide for SAM is available here.