Give the Gift of Membership
November 5, 2012
The holiday season will be here before you know it. As you make plans to reward your department members or find the perfect gift for the firefighters and EMTs in your life, consider the gift of National Volunteer Fire Council (NVFC) membership. Not only do NVFC members receive fantastic benefits, your purchase goes to support the voice of the volunteer all year long.
Benefits of membership include:
- Staying Informed with the Dispatch e-newsletter and E-updates
- Peace of mind from a $10,000 Accidental Death and Dismemberment policy through Provident Agency (Individual and All-Staff Department members only).
- Keeping finances in order with eligibility to join the FASNY Federal Credit Union.
- Help when it’s needed from the Member Assistance Program through American Addiction Centers, which provides a toll-free, confidential phone line to provide immediate assistance with issues like substance abuse, stress, relationship problems, work-related concerns, and virtually anything disrupting a member’s work life and overall wellness.
- Auto and home insurance through California Casualty (for Individual Members in eligible states)
- Access to NVFC training on topics such as grant-writing, recruitment and retention, and health and safety.
- Discounts from NVFC Associate Membership including Columbia Southern University, MSA, Firehouse Events, Intellicorp, Scott Safety, and more.
- Complimentary copies of NVFC resources and manuals.
- And more!
NVFC membership is only $30 for individuals and $50 for departments. You can also give back to your department members for their hard work and dedication by taking advantage the All Staff Department Membership. If you give every member of your department the gift of membership, the cost for each member is only $15 and the department membership fee will be waived. Each department member will receive all of the NVFC’s extraordinary Personal Member benefits. there is also a membership level for junior firefighters and EMS personnel. Find all the details about NVFC membership at www.nvfc.org/join-renew.