Get Ready for National Preparedness Month
August 14, 2018
September is National Preparedness Month, and this year’s theme is “Disasters Happen. Prepare Now. Learn How.” This is a great opportunity to make sure you, your department, and your community are prepared for a variety of disaster and emergency situations. The NVFC has resources to help.
- PREPARE YOUR DEPARTMENT by helping personnel focus on health and safety so they can Serve Strong.
- PREPARE YOURSELF by getting healthy, fit, and ready to respond with the Heart-Healthy Firefighter Program and Share the Load support program.
- PREPARE YOUR COMMUNITY through the use of Fire Corps volunteers to provide emergency preparedness and fire prevention education, develop preparedness plans, conduct home safety checks and smoke alarm installations, assist with disaster drills, and more.
- PREPARE FOR THE FUTURE of your department with the Make Me A Firefighter recruitment and retention campaign and the National Junior Firefighter Program.
- PREPARE YOUR RESPONDERS through online training from the NVFC Virtual Classroom.
- PREPARE FOR WILDFIRES with the Wildland Fire Assessment Program training, tools, and resources to make your community more fire adapted.
- PREPARE FOR PIPELINE INCIDENTS with the Fire Department Pipeline Response Emergency Planning & Preparedness (FD PREPP) Toolkit to help you plan, prepare, and respond.
Join the NVFC and get access to additional benefits that can help you be personally prepared for the unexpected, including a $10,000 accidental death and dismemberment policy, eligibility to join the FASNY Federal Credit Union, eligibility to apply for the Volunteer Firefighter Support Fund, special options for critical illness coverage and home and auto insurance, and much more.