Free Health and Wellness Training for First Responders
February 4, 2014
Most firefighters and EMS providers will agree that safety is a priority in order to do the job effectively and make sure everyone comes home. However, health is just as important. First responders need to be physically and mentally prepared for the job at hand, or they may face life threatening or life altering consequences.
In recognition of American Heart Month this February, take the time to focus on your health with free training from the NVFC. Health and wellness courses include the following:
- Health and Wellness Advocate Training
- Is Your Department at its B.E.S.T?
- Using Your Lifeline: Disease Management for a Stronger, Longer Life
- Overcoming Wellness and Fitness Barriers in the Fire Service: A Study by Johns Hopkins
- Rehab and You: NFPA 1584
- Functional Exercise
- Health and Wellness Program Design
- Heart Health
- Smoking Cessation
- Obesity in the Fire Service
- The Insulin Connection
- Heat Stress – Choosing the Right PPE
- Preventing and Coping with Suicide in the Fire and Emergency Services
- Fire Service Suicide and Behavioral Health Concerns
- Brotherhood vs. Parenthood: Finding your Life Balance
- Putting Out the Fire: Stress Resilience Strategies
Find all of these courses and more at www.nvfc.org/training/education/courses.