Dual Enrollment Programs: Educating the Next Generation
May 6, 2013
Join Fire 20/20, the FESHE High-School Pathways Program, and the National Alliance of Concurrent Enrollment Partnerships in a 90-minute webinar entitled Dual Enrollment Programs: Educating the Next Generation on Wednesday, May 15 from 1-2:30pm EDT (10am-11:30am PDT). The webinar discusses how to build and strengthen educational and training opportunities in your local high school and college to encourage the next generation – particularly young women and young people of color – to consider careers in the fire and emergency services.
Learn how to leverage current best practices, alternative funding streams, and existing professional networks to build a robust, rewarding, and inclusive program in your local community or educational system. Facilitating the webinar will be Dr. Matt Hinds-Aldrich, Anna Maria College (MA) and FIRE 20/20.
- Buddy Hyde, Southside Community College (VA) and FESHE High School Pathways Committee
- Adam Lowe, National Alliance of Concurrent Enrollment Partnerships
- Battalion Chief Johnny Brewington, Cleveland Division of Fire (Retired) and Fire 20/20
Topics to be covered include:
- The various types of concurrent enrollment programs across the country
- The various types of fire/EMS training and education opportunities offered
- The importance of proactive recruitment and outreach in Fire Science and EMS programs
- Case Studies of successful programs
Click here to register for the Dual Enrollment Programs webinar.