Be Disaster Aware/Take Action to Prepare All Year Long
September 29, 2014
National Preparedness Month ends on Tuesday with America’s PrepareAthon, an opportunity for individuals, organizations, and communities to prepare for specific hazards through drills, group discussions, and exercises. Join this event, and continue to spread preparedness messages in your community throughout the year.
All during September, the Ready campaign sent out emails that contained information and resources departments, Fire Corps team, and community members can use to prepare for disasters and hazards of all kinds. If you missed them, view them with these links:
- Practice Makes Ready: How to Prepare for an Emergency
- What’s In Your Emergency Supply Kit?
- Be Disaster Aware: Pets & Animals
- Be Disaster Aware: Faith Based, Non-Profit, and Community Organizations
- Be Disaster Aware: Public Safety Officials
- Be Disaster Aware: Protecting Your Business
- Be Disaster Aware: Tribal Audiences