Attend a Screening for New Fire Service Documentary BURN
October 15, 2012
BURN, a new documentary told through the eyes of Detroit firefighters, highlights the lives of firefighters charged with protecting a high-crime, arson-prone city. The film debuted earlier this year at the Tribeca Film Festival and the filmmakers are now raising money for a national release. A series of fundraiser screenings are being held in cities throughout the country this fall.
Tickets for screening events are $20 and can be purchased online at www.brownpapertickets.com/producer/211905 or click on the location-specific links below. Screenings are sponsored locally by MSA. There is a Q&A session with the filmmakers and Detroit firefighters after most screenings. Upcoming screenings include:
- Oct. 16, Brookfield, WI, 6pm
- Oct. 17, Rosemont, IL , 7pm and 9:30pm
- Oct. 18, Orland Park, IL, 7pm and 9:30pm
- Oct. 22-23, Cincinnati, OH , 7pm
- Oct. 24-25, Columbus, OH, 7pm
- Oct. 29, Los Angeles Premiere, 7:30pm at the historic Egyptian Theatre in Hollywood
- Nov 1, Ft. Lauderdale, FL – Special screening at the Ft. Lauderdale Int’l Film Festival
- Nov. 2, BURN opens in Los Angeles, CA – One-week run at Laemmle Noho 7 with two screenings per day; tickets on sale soon
- Nov. 5 & 7, Charlotte, NC, 7pm
- Nov. 8, Greenville, SC, 7:30pm
- Nov. 9, BURN Opens in New York, NY – One-week run at Quad Cinema with five screenings per day; tickets on sale soon
- Nov. 12, Clinton, MA, 7:30pm
- Nov. 15, Worcester, MA, 7:30pm
- Nov. 26 & 27, Houston, TX, 7pm
- Nov. 28 Dallas, TX, 7:30pm
- Dec. 7 – BURN Opens in AMC Livonia 20 in Livonia, MI, and AMC Forum 30 in Sterling Heights, MI; tickets on sale soon
- Dec. 7 – BURN opens at AMC Loews Georgetown 14 in Washington, DC; tickets on sale soon
BURN is Produced and Directed by Tom Putnam and Brenna Sanchez. Executive Producers are Denis Leary and Jim Serpico.
To learn how to help and to view the BURN movie trailer, visit www.detroitfirefilm.org.