Apply Now for a $13,500 Scholarship to Columbia Southern University’s Online Degree Program
July 6, 2018
Looking to further your education? Columbia Southern University (CSU) is proud to offer two scholarships to members of the National Volunteer Fire Council (NVFC). Each scholarship will cover up to $13,500 toward one online degree program. The scholarship will be applied directly to the recipient’s tuition for up to three years or until the completion of the selected online degree program, whichever comes first. The deadline to apply is September 15.
This is the 10th year that CSU has offered scholarships to NVFC members. To date, 18 recipients have been able to further their learning and achieve their educational goals through the partnership. CSU offers a wide range of online associate, bachelor, master, and doctoral degree programs, including those in fire science or related fields.
Eligibility and Requirements
To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must:
- Be a member of the NVFC. Not a member? Join at www.nvfc.org/BeYourBest.
- Be a volunteer firefighter, EMS provider, or emergency responder.
- Complete the CSU/NVFC scholarship application.
- Submit a 500-word essay on a predetermined topic (as directed on the application form).
- Provide at least one letter of recommendation.
- Must not have previously earned an NVFC scholarship to CSU.
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent (GED) and be able to provide transcript.
- Be able to begin his or her coursework within 90 days of the date of the award.
- Maintain a 2.0 undergraduate GPA or 3.0 graduate GPA.
- Remain in good standing with CSU throughout his or her degree program and maintain continuous enrollment in the CSU degree program.
- Current CSU students must already meet these requirements to be considered.
The application period is now open and will close on September 15, 2018. An NVFC scholarship committee will select the winners; winners will be announced in October 2018.
For additional questions, please email the CSU scholarship liaison at email@example.com or call 888-785-3006.
This year, Columbia Southern University (CSU) celebrates its 25th anniversary. As a pioneer in online education, CSU was established in 1993 to provide an alternative to the traditional university experience. CSU offers online associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees such as business administration, criminal justice, fire administration, and occupational safety and health. Visit www.columbiasouthern.edu or call (877) 347-6050 to learn more.
About the NVFC
The National Volunteer Fire Council (NVFC) is the leading nonprofit membership association representing the interests of the volunteer fire, EMS, and rescue services. The NVFC serves as the voice of the volunteer in the national arena and provides invaluable resources, programs, education, and advocacy for first responders across the nation. Learn more at www.nvfc.org.