Application Period Open for CHEMTREC HELP (Hazmat Emergency Local Preparedness) Award
June 28, 2019
Grant recipients will be announced by December 1
CHEMTREC®, the world’s leading source of 24/7 call center support and information during hazardous materials incidents, has partnered with the National Volunteer Fire Council (NVFC) to offer the CHEMTREC HELP (Hazmat Emergency Local Preparedness) Award. Through this program, two volunteer fire departments will be awarded $7,500 to help enhance their response capabilities and increase local readiness to respond to and prepare for hazardous materials incidents.
To be eligible to apply for the CHEMTREC HELP Award, departments must meet the following criteria:
- Department must be all-volunteer or mostly-volunteer (over 50%).
- Department must serve a population of 25,000 or less.
- Department must be located in the United States and be legally organized under state law.
- Department or individual applying on behalf of the department must be a member of the NVFC. Learn about member benefits and join at www.nvfc.org/BeYourBest.
- Department must demonstrate their need to receive the $7,500 award and in the application essay must explain how they would use the award.
- The departments that receive the award must use the money to increase their department’s hazmat response capabilities and not for any other purpose.
View full criteria and access the application at: https://www.chemtrec.com/emergency-responders/help-award
The application deadline is October 1, 2019. Award recipients will be announced by December 1. If you have any questions, please contact Erica Bernstein, Director of Outreach, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-741-5524.
CHEMTREC® is the leading source of 24/7 call center support and information during hazardous materials incidents. CHEMTREC is the single point of contact that connects emergency responders with everyone involved—manufacturers, shippers, consignees, carriers, and government agencies. CHEMTREC is equipped to handle any situation and any class of hazardous material.
CHEMTREC’s team of trained, experienced Emergency Service Specialists provide emergency responders with the information they need to safely and effectively manage chemical shipping incidents, including guidebooks, training opportunities, and industry resources. CHEMTREC’s service is complimentary for emergency responders.
About the NVFC
The National Volunteer Fire Council (NVFC) is the leading nonprofit membership association representing the interests of the volunteer fire, emergency medical, and rescue services. The NVFC serves as the voice of the volunteer in the national arena and provides invaluable advocacy, resources, programs, and education for first responders across the nation. Learn more at www.nvfc.org.