AFG Paper Application Deadline Extended
July 6, 2012
Due to the severe natural disasters impacting parts of the country over the last several weeks, FEMA has extended the Assistance to Firefighters Grant (AFG) paper application deadline until July 16, 2012. The online application deadline will NOT be extended, and the online application portal will still close today, July 6, at 5 pm EDT. However, organizations can submit FY 2012 AFG paper applications until July 16.
What does this mean?
- The online system is not broken. You can submit an online application until 5 pm EDT today, July 6.
- All paper applications must be postmarked no later than July 16, 2012.
- To request a paper application, please contact the AFG help desk at 866-274-0960.
- The AFG help desk will remain open Monday-Friday from 8 am-5 pm EDT.
- Only one (1) application per category may be submitted (i.e. vehicle, operations & safety, regional). If a department has already submitted an electronic application within the same category, they should NOT submit a paper application. Submitting two (2) applications in the same category may result in both applications being disqualified.
- All paper applications MUST be mailed to:
ATTN: AFG Grant Program
11821 Parklawn Drive, Suite 230
Rockville, MD 20852
AFG will not be responsible for applications mailed to any address other than the address shown above. Late, incomplete, or faxed applications will NOT be accepted.
Click here to visit the AFG web site.