2016 FEMA Awards Application Period Now Open
February 29, 2016
Have you or someone you know made a difference in your community? If so, the Federal Emergency Management Agency encourages you to apply or nominate someone for the 2016 FEMA Individual and Community Preparedness Awards. Since 2009, the awards highlight innovative local practices and achievements by recognizing individuals and organizations that have made outstanding contributions toward making their communities safer, better prepared, and more resilient.
This year, the awards feature three new categories to showcase even more of the work you do to prepare your communities. The new categories are: Outstanding Inclusive Initiative in Emergency Management, Outstanding Private Sector Initiative, and America’s PrepareAthon! in Action.
The application period is open through March 28, 2016. All applications must feature activities taking place between January 1, 2015, and March 28, 2016. The awards highlight achievements in the following categories:
- Outstanding Citizen Corps Council
- Community Preparedness Champions
- Awareness to Action
- Technological Innovation
- Outstanding Achievement in Youth Preparedness
- Preparing the Whole Community
- Outstanding Inclusive Initiative in Emergency Management
- Outstanding Private Sector Initiative
- Outstanding Community Emergency Response Team Initiative
- Outstanding Citizen Corps Partner Program
- America’s PrepareAthon! in Action
To learn more about the FEMA Individual and Community Preparedness Awards, visit http://www.ready.gov/preparedness-awards. You can also view profiles of past award winners to find out about their outstanding achievements.