- Get the Dispatch newsletter and E-updates.
Protect Yourself and Your Loved Ones
- Receive a $10,000 Accidental Death and Dismemberment double indemnity policy through Provident Agency (Individual and All-Staff Department members only).
- Keep your finances in order with eligibility to join the FASNY Federal Credit Union.
- Access the National Fire Service Member Assistance Program, which provides a toll-free, confidential phone line to provide immediate assistance with issues like substance abuse, stress, relationship problems, work-related concerns, and virtually anything disrupting a member’s work life and overall wellness.
- Individual Members in eligible states can get auto and home insurance through California Casualty.
Expand your Knowledge
- Take NVFC training on topics such as grant-writing, recruitment and retention, and health and safety.
- Get a free subscription to FireRescue Magazine and discounts to Fire Engineering Magazine and JEMS (Journal of Emergency Medical Services), published by PennWell.
- Achieve your educational goals with discounted admission and waived application fee from Columbia Southern University, which offers online fire science degrees. Competitive scholarship opportunities are also open to NVFC members.
- Receive complimentary copies of NVFC resources and manuals.
- Find tools and sample documents to help you with grant-writing, recruitment and retention, and more on the members-only section of the NVFC web site.
- Recieve a 25% discount on grant-writing services from FireGrantsHelp and EMSGrantsHelp
- Junior Members can earn incentive rewards for hours of volunteer service.
Support the Voice of the Volunteer
- Display your personalized membership card and car decal with pride.
- Utilize NVFC programs including the Heart-Healthy Firefighter Program, Fire Corps, and National Junior Firefighter Program.
Enjoy Fantastic Discounts through partners including:
- Various products from MSA through the Volunteer Incentive Pricing - plus low interest financing also available through FASNY Federal Credit Union
- Rad-57TM Pulse CO-Oximeter® from Masimo
- Background checks from IntelliCorp to screen fire department applicants
- Registration to trade shows through Firehouse Events
- Entertainment, tickets, travel, and shopping through Working Advantage
View this video to find out more about all of the resources, information, and programs offered by the NVFC, the nation's leading nonprofit representing volunteer fire and emergency service personnel and their supporters.