Globe Gear Giveaway 2013
The Globe Gear Giveaway 2013 application period is now over. Please stay tuned in the coming months for announcement of the recpients.
Globe has partnered with DuPont and the National Volunteer Fire Council (NVFC) to donate up to 52 sets of turnout gear to deserving fire departments in 2013.
Volunteer firefighters selflessly devote their time and risk their own safety to protect their communities. Yet many volunteer fire departments are struggling to provide the gear and equipment necessary to keep their personnel safe. Departments are forced to make due with an inadequate amount of turnouts or with worn out gear they can’t afford to replace.
As the world’s largest and most trusted manufacturer of structural firesuits in the world, Globe is giving back to first responders in need through this remarkable donation program. The program launched in 2012, when Globe partnered with DuPont and the NVFC to celebrate the company’s 125th anniversary by giving away 144 sets of gear to volunteer departments in the U.S. and Canada who demonstrated their need. Over 2,600 departments applied for sets of gear.
With the success of the 2012 program and the great need among departments for gear, Globe is offering an additional 52 sets of gear to NVFC members in 2013. Applicants must meet the stated criteria to be eligible to apply.
Globe, DuPont, and the NVFC are saying thank you to volunteer firefighters nationwide by awarding up to 52 sets of Globe turnout gear to deserving volunteer departments across the country. To be eligible to apply, departments must meet the following criteria:
- Departments must be all-volunteer. Combination and paid-on-call departments are not eligible.
- Department or individual applying on behalf of the department must be a member of the NVFC. If you are not a member, join today at www.nvfc.org/membership.
- Departments must serve a population of 25,000 or less.
- Department must be located in the United States or Canada and be legally organized under state law.
- Departments may request up to 4 sets of gear.
- Departments must demonstrate a need for the gear.
- Departments who receive a donation of gear must use the gear for the benefit of their department and not for any other purpose. Gear cannot be resold.
- Departments who receive gear agree that their department name, details from application essay, and photo may be used in media by Globe, DuPont, and the NVFC for the purposes of promoting the donation program.
The application period was held March 25 and June 30, 2013. The 52 sets of gear will be awarded between August and December. Winning departments will be notified directly.
Globe is the largest and most trusted manufacturer of structural firesuits in the world. Over the years, Globe has been responsible for introducing many of the materials, designs, and construction methods we now take for granted in firefighter suits. Globe was the first manufacturer in the fire service to use DuPont NOMEX® inherently flame-resistant materials. Learn more at www.globeturnoutgear.com.
DuPont (NYSE: DD) has been bringing world-class science and engineering to the global marketplace in the form of innovative products, materials, and services since 1802. The company believes that by collaborating with customers, governments, NGOs, and thought leaders we can help find solutions to such global challenges as providing enough healthy food for people everywhere, decreasing dependence on fossil fuels, and protecting life and the environment. For additional information about DuPont and its commitment to inclusive innovation, please visit http://www.dupont.com.
About the NVFC
The National Volunteer Fire Council (NVFC) is the leading nonprofit membership association representing the interests of the volunteer fire, EMS, and rescue services. The NVFC serves as the voice of the volunteer in the national arena and provides invaluable tools, resources, programs, and advocacy for first responders across the nation. Learn more at www.nvfc.org.